Monday, October 12, 2009

Lu Qie!!!


Today was a spectacular day!   Yes, we got the phone call!   I should have known when I woke up this morning and saw that I had left Lucy's little angel light on all night in her room (I have never done this) that good news was coming today.  Melissa, from our agency, called me at work today at 2:55 to tell me that our little girl had finally been matched with us and the paperwork and photos had arrived! Melissa was so patient with me through my tears and necessary need for repeating of information;  the feelings that overcame me were beyond explanation. God is good!

Her name is Lu Qie (pronounced like Lou Chee) Zhuang. Brian and I do not think that the similarities in her given name in China, and the name we had chosen for her many years ago, is coincidence or irony.  Now we know more than ever that God's intervention is divine and beyond our understanding. The saying "before I created you I knew you" comes to mind.  How wonderful that there will not have to be a big adjustment for our little girl when she hears her name! 

She is just precious!  I cannot quit looking at her pictures.  I imagine this is how it is for all parents when they see their child for the first time.  She was born December 30, 2008 and is currently in The Social Welfare Institute in the Jiangxi Province.   If all goes well then we should travel the beginning of December, meaning she will be home in time for Christmas and her first birthday!!  Please continue to pray for safe and quick travels in bringing our little girl home.     

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are so very excited for you both and for little Lucy! Her picture is already on the refrigerator! I can't help smiling when I see her sweet face. There are no coincidences with God! We thank you, Lord! Grammy Buzzelli

B said...

This is awesome:) Lucy is so adorable! Congrats

Unknown said...

Congratulations!!! Our thoughts and prayers are with you as your journey continues.
Love,
Brent, Carrie, Elizabeth, Michael and Nathaniel

Anonymous said...

karen and brian~ she is so sweet! God is good!!! prayers and glessings, darcie, mike and izzy

Burns, Carrie and Robert said...

Karen and Brian-WOW-she is here-almost-I can't quit looking at her precious picture. Words cannot say how happy I am for you. Thanks for sharing this wonderful news. I will be checking back often! Love to all three of you-Carrie

Kathleen said...

Congratulations, Brian and Karen! So happy for you

Anonymous said...

We have been praying for this day and Lucy is finally coming home!! Lucy is BEAUTIFUL!!! We are so happy for you. God is faithful! I can't wait for Adia and Lucy's first play date. May God continue to pour out his blessings on you and your family. Praise God Lucy is coming home.
Tim and Shelley Hilderbrand

Lisa said...

Karen and Brian,
We are sooo Happy for you both. She is soo precious. Lindsay can't wait for her new baby cousin to arrive and I am excited to be her Favorite Aunt!! smile.
We will pray for her safe journey home...
Lisa

Chuck @ Pebbie said...

Congrats! What an awesome journey awaits you and Lucy. Looking forward to reading about your trip to China.

Anonymous said...

What an amazing journey. God has blessed you with beautiful baby Lucy, or as I plan to call her Qie Qie. Love, prayers and laughter through the next phase of this journey. Love you guys!