Friday, July 27, 2012

Use Your Fine China

This was one of the many little things that my Mom used to tell me.  She used to elaborate, saying "why keep it stored away in a china cabinet. It is to use! Use it!!!"   Who knew then that these little nuggets of wisdom would have such a greater meaning for me now.

Today is her birthday. She would have been 72. 

This morning I asked Lucy "What do you remember about Grammy?"

This was the conversation that followed (verbatim):

Lucy's response:  "Grammy and Lindsay and her heart."

I said, "Grammy and Lindsay and her heart?  What about her heart?"

Lucy replied:  "Grammy's in it."

I know.  I know.  I cried too.

But more importantly, I am so grateful to Lucy for the reminder that she is still in all of our hearts....always.

So, Mom, in honor of you...

and your birthday...

and all the little things you taught me...

the fine china is out.


PS....Our dear little ladybug friend showed up on my windshield again this morning.

No comments: