Friday, October 19, 2012

fun, festive....Fall.


It is my favorite time of the year!   Just like last year, we are making sure to hit every possible festival, farm and park in the greater Cincinnati area!  Play dates and family outings have been a must in the last few weeks.  The weather has been perfect, and the trees... gorgeous.   I don't know what I would do without the change of seasons....love them.


First Stop:  Schappacher Farms





Lucy was talking to the calf.



Off to the real pumpkin patch!

We got our loot!  Heading back!
Next stop:  Gorman Heritage Farm 




 



Next Stop:  Irons Fruit Farm
(if you ever go, try their apple cinnamon donuts...deelish!)


The girls had this look on their faces because this was one stinky pig!


We had great fun playing in the leaves.
I think those are emu's in the background.






Off to the pumpkin patch!



We got our pumpkins!

Discovering the parks in our new neighborhood:







And last, just a few updates from the new house.   Despite the fact that I have already locked myself out of the house once ( meaning Lucy was locked in the house), all is going well. (Yes, I had to shout at Lucy through the back windows to "get down from the bar stool"--a new skill she really hadn't learned yet--and "go open the garage door."  After about 10 minutes of sheer panic--on my part, not Lucy's--she mastered the  tasks that I was shouting for her to do, and I got in the house.  I guess it has to happen at least once in any home you live in.)  There are many new features in our home that I love: walk in closet, sunrise out the bedroom window, and the island in our kitchen, where Lucy can now help me cook with much greater ease.   She loves it, and so do I.

"Smashing" sweet potatoes.

Chocolate chip cookies!  

And lastly, our newest neighbors.... Lucy has affectionately named them Greyson and Blackie. They hang out on our deck all the time.  A "real" neighbor told me they loiter at all the homes on our street.  Lucy loves them.  The closest thing to a pet we are going to have any time soon!






Stay tuned for more fall festivities!
 

No comments: