Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Parties, Prairies and Pumpkin Patches


My favorite time of the year is upon us again.  I am not sure why October always brings such warmth and joy to my heart.  Maybe the weather and beauty of the changing trees, maybe the anticipation of the holidays, maybe the birthdays and inevitable family time that this brings, maybe the festivals, hot apple cider and caramel apples.  Is there anyone that does not love fall?   If so, I can not relate!  We have been partying and playing and enjoying every moment of this glorious season.  Hope you can say the same!

Lucy and I went home to Indy to celebrate Lisa and I's birthdays.   What fun the trip was!   It just happened to be the "fall festival" at Lisa's school, so Lucy had a blast spending time in her aunt's second grade classroom:

Notice on the board next to her....he is never far from her heart!

The girls mobbed Lucy when they noticed her over here playing!

Lisa did a question and answer;  the second graders had a lot of neat questions for Lucy!

This about sums it up:  "I Love you Lisa."

 
It was grandparents day at Lindsay's high school, so Lucy and I tagged along with Papa.  The breakfast was wonderful, but even better was the all school mass afterwards.   How wonderful to be surrounded by so many faith filled youth.   I left feeling so energized.



Spending time with family....



One night we went to Connor Prairie.   This is considered an "interactive history park"; it takes you back to 1836 and what it was like to live during that time.   I remember going to this place as a child, although haven't been there for many years.   They have a wonderful fall festival, complete with hay rides where the headless horsemen chases you (Lucy was quite confused by where his head was!).  It was the best hayride I have ever been on!

Lucy wasn't sure what to make of this "beauty" queen...neither were Lisa or I! 

They had this great tent filled with musical instruments.  Lucy loved it!

  


The guy in the picture is Lindsay's boyfirend, Luke.  Or, as Lucy calls him "Lukey" (she looooves him)

We saw a fantastic puppet show about Sleepy Hallow... the best I think I have ever seen!
 Let the partying continue.....After returning from a great trip to Indy, Brian's sister Bridget, and his childhood buddy Tom, came to Cincinnati for a visit and to do more celebrating of my birthday! (note:  most of the pictures below were taken with Bridget's camera, if you were wondering why they were so much better!)






The boys decided to act like woodsmen and cut down a few (dead) trees.


Now what?

Completion!





Lucy enjoyed trying on Aunt Bridgey's camera.

My friend Layne sent me these gorgeous flowers.
And lastly, Lucy and I enjoyed our annual trip to Schappacher Farm with our friends Tammy and Abby:









Enjoy the rest of this beautiful season!!!

No comments: