Saturday, April 11, 2015

Easter Joy



Look who came to visit us Easter weekend!


I can think of many reasons to be joyful on Easter, with the most important being our risen Savior.  But I would have to say having Papa with us comes in a close second.

Reading and talking about the Bible......


"Papa and Peanuts" :



"Papa and Puzzles" :


"Papa and 'Paas' "  :
(Easter egg dying that is)



This is our third year dying eggs with Lucy's BFF Abby.  It is a tradition her mom and I have come to treasure.  I think Papa really enjoyed being a part of it. 

The girls remained their silly selves.....






It was a wet rainy day, so I surprised them with their egg hunt indoors this year.

This was right before they got started. 

Don't you wish you could just bottle this excitement for daily ingestion?


This is one of my favorite pictures. 

It speaks for itself......


And look who else joined us a bit later in the weekend?

Lucy was over the moon having her cousin Vince with us.


Vincent has grown into a mature, pleasant, kind, responsible young man.  What joy it brings to my heart to see him like this, and to watch his transformation into the man God intended for him to be.

I treasure that Lucy has this relationship.


True to any family gathering, there was a lot of passionate discussion going on.  

It is in the Italian/Irish blood.


Lucy was quite patient throughout these discussions.  Here she is raising her hand to speak, with her request being simply: "When can we go outside for the Easter egg hunt? I am ready NOW."


Let the hunt begin!




I love looking at these pictures, and witnessing the joy of family being together.

It makes me pause, and think of my Mom; oh, how she would have enjoyed this.  

But I also pause and remember, she helped create this.


Here Papa is helping Lucy find one of the eggs.



A beautiful day spent with wonderful people......




Vincent and Lucy, in some virtual world together......



What could be better than the Easter bunny bringing a bubble gun?




More passionate discussions.... This time after Easter dinner.


I wish I could take credit for this, but I cannot.   It's all Servattis, a local gem of a bakery. I couldn't resist when I saw it. 


I almost didn't want to cut it, it looked so cute.
 

Let me tell you, it tasted just as delicious as it looked.  


I hope that your Easter was filled with as much joy and happiness as mine.  

No comments: