Thursday, May 14, 2015

Thanking God for Grandpa's.....


There are those things in life that occur that I will observe, and it just naturally occurs for me to stop and thank God.  

Things like my sleeping, peaceful child...

or my healthy, hard-working husband....

or our backyard abuzz with friends from the woods.....




And then, there are things that maybe don't occur so often, but you just know when they are happening, it is one of those moments to stop.....

appreciate.....

savor......

and thank God for. 

Things like Grandparents' Day at Lucy's school.


I am not sure if it was because it was their first official Grandparents' Day together.

Or if it was because the last time a grandparent went to school with Lucy was Brian's mom, right before she got sick. 

Or if it was because I knew deep in my soul how much my Mom would have loved being a part of this day.

Or if it was because my Dad is Lucy's only living grandparent.

But the day did not come without lots of emotion for me.


My dad was such a trooper, driving from Indy to spend this special time with his granddaughter. 



And he was so in his element, being in church and singing and worshiping with Lucy and her school mates. 


It warmed my heart to see these kids singing special songs for their grandparents, and letting them know how much they are loved and appreciated.



I feel such gratitude for my dad. 

Not only because I treasure him so much, but also because of the efforts he put in to make this day happen, and to be so memorable for Lucy (and me). 

Thank you Dad.  We love you!





No comments: