Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Lazy Days of Summer


Even though it isn't officially 'summer' yet, it feels like it around here. 

Maybe because school is out, and our schedules are more lax.

Or maybe because it has been 80 and humid for days on end.


But whatever the case, I'm not complaining. 


I think Lucy summed it up quite nicely when we took her dollies on a walk the other day:

"I would usually be in school right now, Mama.   I like being home with you and not going to school."

I couldn't agree with her more.


We had a nice leisurely walk at the park down the street; I felt compelled to take about a hundred pictures.

I know what is going on with all the photos: I am trying to capture these last months of our time together as stay-at-home mom, and 'half day' kindergartener.  Soon, it will all change.


I made many mental notes on this morning date with my daughter.... trying to memorialize it all in my mind.

Watching her be carefree, chasing birds.....



Running without a worry in the world......


Watching and listening to all the bull frogs in the ponds.......

They are hard to see in this pic, but all those protrusions in the water are the frogs.

Nurturing her dollies, with such ease and sincerity.....



Playing with joy.....



I know that when the time comes at the end of the summer, she and I will both do fine in transitioning into new chapters in our lives.

In the meantime, I am just going to try to cherish all the moments, small and big.

Including moments like this past week, at dance camp:


 



And lazy days baking chocolate chip cookies.......


And relaxing days at the pool....




Here's to lots more memory-making and cherishing of what summer has to bring!


No comments: