Monday, September 14, 2015

Our East Coast Junket: Part Two

Lucy in Central Park
The second leg of our trip on the east coast was equally as enjoyable.  Lucy and I headed from my brother's house in NJ,  to NYC, to visit with my dear high school friend, Layne. (Brian went his own way-to Syracuse- to see a childhood friend.)  In the interest of making the story of our trip to NYC exciting, I think Bradley Cooper was sitting behind us on the train.  Yeah, we'll go with that.  This very handsome man Bradley was very kind, and allowed Lucy and I to exit in front of him when we got to Penn Station.  He then said "bye sweetie" when we walked away. Yes, I know-- he was talking to cute little Lucy.  But in going with the theme of this being an exciting story, we can just pretend he was talking to me.)


The weather didn't want to cooperate at the beginning of the day, as it was rainy and humid. That actually played to our advantage (although not when it came to the stinky, crowded subway) as our first stop in Central Park found us having the park almost entirely to ourselves (by NYC standards, anyway).   The rain eventually stopped, and we were able to frolick and walk through the the park, which was very enjoyable.


I have been to Central Park before, but had forgotten how beautiful and lush it is.

Behaving as though she was on the beach with the sea gulls, Lucy loved chasing after all the pigeons.....


Layne took us to lunch at Tavern on the Green, an historical restaurant right in the heart of Central Park. It was all so  lovely-- from the atmosphere, to the food, to the company.....

This floral arrangement was on display right when you walked into the restaurant.  I had never seen anything like it.  So beautiful---


Layne took Lucy to the Lego store. Needless to say, she was in heaven.   Layne was so sweet as to buy Lucy a treat in there!  Here she is checking out, with her new Ninjago legos.


Brian and I have been teaching Lucy about respecting those who serve us, helping to keep us safe and free.   Lucy saw these police officers and asked if she could thank them for their service.  After she did, they asked if she wanted a picture with them.  It was all so sweet.


Ice cream at Rockefeller Center
After a wonderful visit with Layne, Lucy and I boarded the train for Boston.  My good friend Julia moved there last year, and this was a great opportunity for me to go visit her and her new digs for the first time.


This was Lucy's first time to Boston.   Although I have been there before, it has been over 15 years.   I remembered loving Boston the last time I was there, and was quickly reminded why on this trip.   Between the water and parks and all the beautiful architecture, it was so enjoyable.




Lucy and Julia cooling off at a park downtown.

"Lucy and the Lion" (at the public library downtown)




We took a sunset cruise on the Charles River. It was such a nice way to really capture all that Boston is. Here is our little boat below...



Lucy with Julia and Julia's parents, who also live in Boston.
It was truly a blessing to be able to spend this treasured time in NYC and Boston with my friends.   Thank you to Layne and Julia for a wonderful time.   Love you both!


Next up... our third leg of the trip to Western NY for the annual Barnes' reunion.  Stay tuned!

No comments: