Saturday, November 14, 2015

Princess Elsa


For the first time in three years, we actually had decent weather for Halloween! And just in case you were wondering..... the craze of all-things-Frozen has not yet died out with our little ones.  I don't know the final numbers, but I can confirm at least two of Lucy's classmates were also going as Elsa.  And while out trick-or-treating, I bet we saw at least five.


I will call the moments below her "pre-game" warm up.  I swear, if I have to listen to that "Let It Go" song one more time, I may pull all my hair out.  It doesn't make the song any more endearing that there are about 50 different versions of it on YouTube, with the Chipmunks performance of it being one of Lucy's favorites. Try listening to that ten times in a row.......no exaggerating.





And here is her pre-game meal:


By this time, Lucy was VERY excited to go out trick or treating.   
Can you tell?


Getting the final touches put on 
(the gloves, of course, "to control my powers, Mommy").... 







We have been capitalizing on some gorgeous fall weekends.  
Fires in the backyard are one of our favorites....



He probably won't like that I posted this pic, but I like it
(minus the bright, orange construction headband). 
It makes me wonder, what is he thinking about?


Brian has blazed a trail in our back woods...
 Just call him Paul Bunyan.


I have to say, it is quite magical. 
 I think Lucy really likes it.


Yes, we let our child stoke fires, 
and stand on unstable piles of logs. 


We found this lone survivor in the back yard.  


I think it stayed around just long enough 
so I could get this picture
and be reminded of summer one last time.


Our thoughts are now shifting to all that is to come,
with lots of celebratory events in our near midst.  
Can't wait!





No comments: