Tuesday, June 21, 2011

"Is She a Daddy's Girl?"


It is a question I get often.  I am not sure how to answer, or what exactly it means. But what I can tell you about Lucy is this...

     She clings to her Dada (with a death grip) every day when he leaves for work.
     
     She jumps up and down (literally) every day when he gets home from work.  
     
     She begs him (regularly) to  " come here a second " so he will come play.
     
     She (spontaneously) snuggles and kisses him all the time. 
 
One thing I know for sure: Lucy loves her Dada lots.

I have been pondering the things of Dads, due to the special day of Father's Day that just passed.   Along with Lucy's relationship to Brian, I have been thinking about my own relationship with my Dad.  And what I realize is that Brian and my Dad share many of the same fine qualities...

     Patience 
    
     Concern

     Attentiveness

     Thoughtfulness

     Affection 

     Unconditional love

So, to the two best dad's in my life...Happy Father's Day.


We were fortunate to be able to spend the day in Indy...



God (or my Mom) decided to drop Brian a smile on his special day.  We were out on our deck when Lucy said...
                                          
"Look Dada....rainbow!"

Surely she was mistaken, as it hadn't rained in hours.  And as Lucy can tell you when asked, it takes "sun and rain" to make a rainbow.   But before our eyes, there it was, up in the sky...

A smile for Brian...

So you tell me, is she a Daddy's girl?

No comments: