Thursday, August 18, 2011

Wonderful Western New York


It is a beautiful thing when families take time out of their busy lives to be with one another.  And every year, for just one weekend, the Barnes’ clan does just that.  This past weekend was marked by many memorable moments during the annual family reunion.  There are so many pictures, and they really explain all the details, so I will spare any pre-commentary.   Suffice it to say that I feel incredibly grateful to be a part of such a giving, fun, thoughtful, talented and friendly group of people. 


Lucy at Aunt Bibbet's spa, getting her first mani-pedi. 
Bibbet sure does know how to spoil our girl.  Thanks B!

I picked out my own nail polish!
Am I a queen?


"awwww.....cute!"

Lucy loved playing with MaMaw and PaPa's cats...



Picking apples with PaPa...



Checking out MaMaw and Papa's cows....




My first four-wheeling experience. 
I really can get on this big thing?




Daddy actually took me on a ride...So fun!


At the Legion on Friday night...

My new BFF, cousin Liam

I love MaMaw and Aunt's Maureen and Bibbet


Saturday, at the park for the reunion.... 
The weather couldn't have been more perfect.

The Ann and Walter Barnes Crew
So much fun on the swings with Liam...
and Aunt Bibbet...
and cousin Bernie.
Wiffle ball and football were just a few of the day's activities.
Always the singing of favorite Irish songs....
as well as The Beatles, Neil Young and The Eagles.
Lucy got her own serenade of "Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds."
The Seven Stooges (self named, of course!)
Fun with cousins Macayla and Brandon...
and of course, Liam.
Sunday, the festivities continued on  at Aunt Mary Anne's.  
The weather acted up a bit, but it didn't stop the celebrating....
I loved Aunt Maureen's umbrella.
Fun with Joe and Aunt Bibbet
Yes, Aunt Pebbie put lipstick on me!  I loved it!
MaMaw and Me
My very special relatives:  Aunt Mary Anne and Cousins Kathleen and Bernie.

Uncle Timmy, Mamaw and PaPa.
Right before leaving on Monday to come home.
 
These last three pictures are my favorite; 
a perfect synopsis of the comraderie and love that was shared this past weekend.

 Lucy and Liam




2 comments:

Kathleen said...

great post Karen, love the photos! "you guys need some more crowd pleasers!" ;)

Rachel said...

Thanks so much for sharing, Karen! These are wonderful. Liam has a big smile on his face :-)