Monday, October 10, 2011

Normal.


In the business of life, sometimes we forget to appreciate the blessing of normalcy, of routine...maybe you could even say the blessing of the boring and mundane.   It is only after something happens to disrupt the calm, that we wish for what we had.  And so goes the story of our family.   This year has been very rocky, with family death and illness.  And with the holidays right around the corner, and many more "firsts" without my Mom quickly approaching, my goal is to try to embrace and appreciate the moments...the minutes... the days... when everything is simple and normal

Prayer for a Normal Day

Normal day,
let me be aware of the treasure you are.
Let me learn from you, love you,
bless you before you depart.
Let me not pass by in quest
of some rare and perfect tomorrow.
Let me hold you while I may,
for it may not always be so.
One day I shall dig my nails into the earth,
or bury my face in the pillow,
or stretch myself taut,
or raise my hands to the sky and want,
more than all the world, your return.

Mary Jean Iron

Thankfully, we have had some recent opportunities to appreciate the (extra) ordinary....

The Annual Sunflower Festival at Gorman Farm.














 Lucy and I's adventure to "Barn-n-Bunk"...



Shaw Farm with our MOPS friends...





No comments: