Saturday, November 7, 2009

Just Waiting....


I thought I should post an update, as I know many of you are curious and have been asking.  And as the title of this post suggests, we are (again) just waiting.  The photo is Brian on Halloween.   We loved sitting by the fire and thinking about how next year at this time Lucy will be with us.

Throughout the years, I have always thought this time in the journey (when we had received official confirmation of our Lucy and were just waiting to travel) would be very difficult for me.  Knowing my personality and demeanor, I really should be anxious...but I am not.  For some reason, I feel strangely calm.  I attribute this to the many prayers that I know Brian, Lucy and I are receiving.  Don't get me wrong, we think about Lucy constantly and I probably dream about her every night.  I get tearful when I think about that moment when she will be placed in our arms forever.  But I trust that God is looking over her, and that keeps me at peace.  So thank you for all of your prayers.

We have sent  a package to Lucy. It has new jammies, stuffed animals, a blanket, a camera (that hopefully workers will take pictures on for us), and a letter from Brian and I.  The business we used to do this (Red Thread) will also be getting us updated photos and information on our girl.  So hopefully I can share those with you soon.   We also have located Lucy's "finding ad" and have someone sending that to us.  This is the posting in the paper seeking Lucy's biological parents. This process has to occur before they can deem a child abandoned.  This will be the youngest photo of Lucy that we will probably ever have.  So I hope to share that with you soon as well.

We have our Visas and are now just waiting on approval from China to be able to travel. The approval should come in the next 2-3 weeks and then we would travel 2-3 weeks after that.  We will continue to keep you posted....

1 comment:

Grammy said...

We are all waiting for Lucy too!