Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Travel Approval!!!


Yes!!! It is official!!!  We have out dates for travel!  We will be leaving December 2 and returning December 17th.   What a blessing that we will be home with our girl in time to celebrate Christmas and her birthday. We have not gotten all of our inter-country travel arrangements yet, but are hoping to get those tomorrow.   We will fly into Beijing first and then fly to the province Lucy is in (Jiangxi) a few days after that.  Our Consulate appointment in Guangzhou is December 14th. This is when it becomes official that Lucy is our daughter! 

My life has been ruled by one list after another the past week or so;  I imagine it is only going to get worse.   It just seems like there is so much to do.  I am questioning how this could be, considering we have had 4 years to prepare! The picture above is some of the items that we sent to Lucy; we have been informed that she should have received everything by now.  You will notice the letter that we wrote for her (translated into Mandarin), as well as a pillow that was made with our picture on it.  It comforts me to know that maybe as I write, this pillow is laying by her side as she awakes from her nights sleep.

We will be going to NY next week to spend Thanksgiving with Brian's family.  When we return, we will be leaving three days after that.  How busy and exciting life is going to be for us! I can't wait!  Thank you for all the prayers.

2 comments:

Carrie said...

OH Karen and Brian-that is the best news! I am overwhelmed--I can only imagine how you must feel. WOW! What a Christmas it will be!
We love you and are praying for you-Carrie and Rob

Papa Buzzelli said...

I am really excited for both of you, so you must be feeling euphoria! I am praying for the three of you!