Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Old Traditions...and the New

Happy 14th Birthday, Lindsay!

Life is now about creating new traditions, while trying to honor and maintain the old.  It is an artful dance between what the current reality is, what the past was, and what my family decides will be.   We recently danced this dance with the celebration of my niece’s fourteenth birthday.  The new:  Lucy and I going to Indy to surprise Lindsay on her special day.  The old:  making sure Lindsay knows how wonderful she is, showering her with attention, and being together as a family on an important day like the occasion of her birth.  What forever will be:  my Mom’s memory honored and preserved by the traditions she established… as they will continue on for years to come.
My Dad and Lucy, with Lindsay and her rock star friends.

Audrey, Lindsay, Olivia and Kaylee....Lucy loves you!

These cousins love each other lots!

No comments: