Friday, April 29, 2011

From Darkness....Light

I love being silly with Dada...
 
Life has been busy around here.  This has its perks, but also its pitfalls.   When you have experienced the death of someone you love, busy can be good… as it keeps your mind--and heart--occupied.   But then, when that moment of quiet comes, your breath is taken away by reality.   Such is the circle for me.  Yet the goodness that has come with the business is a gift that I am grateful for.   And the clarity that has come in my moments of silence has been enriching. 

Which leads me to one of those moments of clarity….It is a lesson I received a long time ago from a dear friend (thank you, Dave) that has taken on new meaning for me lately.  This is the lesson: you are not able to fully realize the gifts you have received from someone until after the relationship has gone through some major change…or ended.  The way I have come to understand this is that when a relationship has a certain dynamic, such as a teacher/student role (as a mom often is a teacher for her child) this dynamic remains for the life of the relationship.  But then, if some major change occurs, a new dynamic surfaces.  The student now has the space needed to put into action the lessons learned...to spread her wings and fly.  Since my Mom has died, I have noticed myself stepping out of the passive role of ‘student’, and taking on the lessons and gifts that she taught me, to a much greater extent than I ever have.  It is an interesting transition that is hard to explain.  But the gist of it is this: my Mom taught me many things, and I am grateful to now have a new perspective...and way of honoring her.

And now, here are some pictures of all the business as of late; lots of family visits, which have been great blessings…
Aunt Maureen and family came down to visit.

Cousins Claire and Connor (in front of the tree we won last year).

The gang...

We love when Aunt Bibbit (Bridget) comes down!


Getting ready for my Easter egg hunt at Aunt Lisa's.

I found one!

There's chocolate in ALL these eggs?
at Aunt Lisa's new house...
Easter morning with cousin Lindsay...

Thanks to Aunt Bibbet for Lucy's Easter dress!

Papa and Dada on Easter Day...
We love you Lucy!

No comments: