Thursday, September 1, 2011

A Cousins' Connection

When I look back on the four years of waiting to bring Lucy home, there are some specific things that come to mind about that period.   None of the thoughts are of the difficulty in the wait-probably because none of it matters anymore… our girl is home, the wait was simply something that got us to where we are today.  It was a very small price to pay for an immeasurable and priceless blessing. 

But the things that do come to mind are really, quite relevant…

One of those things has to do with my (then 8, 9, 10 year old) niece, Lindsay,  and her enthusiasm for her cousin Lucy to come home.  Sometimes it wasn’t just enthusiasm…..sometimes it was restlessness, or confusion, or frustration, as Lindsay wanted Lucy here NOW!  (Didn’t we all!) I always saw Lindsay’s excitement for our family as touching.  It spoke to her big heart and sensitivity to others.  I remember her once saying that she always wanted a sister. Whatever the case, Lindsay has always had a big place in her heart for our girl.

Recently when we were in Indy, as it typically goes, Lucy and Lindsay took off together to do something.   Little did I know what the girls--and a MAC computer---were up to!   A few days after I got back home, Lindsay sent me the following series of pictures, with the caption “I love Lucy” attached.   My heart was so touched, not only by the thoughtful gesture that Lindsay displayed, but also by the evidence, in pictures, of the special bond between these two girls.   Lucy doesn’t attach very easily to others, but she has always had a special connection to Lindsay.

The proof is in the pictures...








How cute are they?  Thank you, Lindsay, for loving our girl so well.  She loves you right back!


No comments: