Monday, May 28, 2012

Forest Bathing


We have been enjoying the great outdoors a lot lately.  The words of the great Robert Frost come to mind:

"Two roads diverged in a wood, 



And I--I took the one less traveled..."

 I guess I should have realized that there are some risks involved when taking this illustrious road less traveled. Lucy and I got first hand experience of this.  And it involved an unleashed, unattended, unfriendly... German Shepherd.  It is a story for in person; ask me some day.  But up until this encounter with our four legged friend foe, our road traveled was quite divine.








A big thanks to my Mom for watching over us on our walk in the woods.  (I think I heard her saying "Karen, my daughter, I taught you to read and appreciate fine literature...not use it as a guide for outings with my precious granddaughter!")  In hindsight, I know things could have ended much differently than this...


Lucy picked the flowers in her hands "for Daddy."

On a more predictable trip, we headed to Glenwood Gardens with our friend Abby.  We learned all about how to create a  "bird garden," (and did a little bird watching ourselves), along with lots of other fun things.







What adventures have you had lately? 
(Hopefully no territorial German Shepherds were involved.)

No comments: