Thursday, May 3, 2012

Graces Remain


Amidst the array of computer problems, and just general technology problems that we have been having in our household lately (yes, this includes lost photos and videos...when it rains it pours), I still have been searching for-- and finding-- graces to keep me sane and grateful.  


 “To appreciate beauty; to find the best in others; to give one's self...
to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived,
this is to have succeeded." 
Ralph Waldo Emerson

This quote was recently placed under my Mom's name, in a brochure, at a volunteer appreciation luncheon, where they honored her for beginning the volunteer program at their facility...some 30+ years ago.

My thought:  over a year has passed since her death, and yet her presence and work done while here on earth remains.

Here is another example:

Recently Brian and I took Lucy to Dairy Queen.  I dug in my purse and low and behold, found a gift card to use.  And who was it from?  You guessed it.  My Mom.  Even though she used to say how "impersonal" she thought gift cards were, I think this was one of the best gifts I have received lately.   And maybe the best tasting ice cream too... 

Birthday parties, plays, and visiting with family are on the short list of other graces we have been blessed with as of late....


Cousin Josh's 20th Birthday:



Lucy's second play:  Seeing her cousin Lindsay in "Clue":









Lucy was mesmerized the entire play.  She loved seeing Lindsay up on that stage!  And was so proud to greet her after, when it was all over.  Lindsay Lou, you did a fantastic job!


Lucy's friend Abby's 5th birthday party:





Lucy's first (attempt) at "Walk for MS"
Unfortunately, the inclement weather (lightening, rain, cold) caused the walk to be cancelled. A warm breakfast at Cracker Barrel instead, suited us just fine.   Hopefully next time...
 
 


 

No comments: